Sunday, May 30, 2010

Quilt Madness

During my confinement (AKA Maternity Leave) I've become a bit crafty.  Well, a try hard crafty person.  I am currently doing a quilting course once a week for 8 weeks and we are about half way through.  I am the youngest in the class by decades, but they are a fun bunch and it's been good and very interesting... and at times very brain draining!!!!! The teacher is one of the founding members of Canberra Quilters and is a GENIUS.  Her quilts are just DIVINE.  So clever.

We are making what is called a 'sampler' quilt, as there are 9 panels with various techniques so you get a feel for the different ways of making panels.

This one is called an Ohio Star,  obviously.  Just don't look too closely.  Like me, it has many flaws!!!


 Here are all the bits done so far. 

Given the seriously crappy weather, I decided to start another one for a friend who is having a baby in September. She doesn't know what she is having, so I decided on green.  When I went to the fabric store, they had pre-cut squares to make a cot quilt.  bonus! I get nervy cutting fabric, because I am always afraid I'll get it wrong!!!

I decided to cut up some squares and make triangles just to mix it up a bit.   We'll see how I go.  I've got until September if I need to start again!!!!  It does look better in real life!

Play Point and Shoot with Chantelle to see what other people have been doing on this wet and miserable weekend.

1 comment: