Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birthday Blitz...

This weekend was a birthday bonanza.  Both my nephew Liam and his dad (my brother) have their birthdays the day after each other.

Liam turned 2.  He got a kitchen.  He loves to pretend he is cooking.  A budding Masterchef in the making!  He also got many many many other things... His mother and her side of the family are notorious for going OTT!  He got very spoilt.  I got him some kitchen stuff from Ikea when I was up there a few weeks ago.  I get really despondent buying either of my nephews presents because they get SO MUCH from the other side that whatever we get them gets overlooked most of the time.  We just cant compete with the sheer volume and expense that they usually receive.  It's quite ridiculous really.

Poor Weedie is also highly allergic to egg and dairy, which rules out cake generally, but his mum made a egg free dairy free cake that was actually quite nice!  To look at and to eat.  She is very good at making kids cakes.


Rob's birthday was celebrated with lunch today at the club.  I got him a gift certificate for Pro Audio, which is a music store.  Rob is a budding drummer, so he can buy whatever drum paraphernalia he likes.  I went in there and had no idea what to get, so he can choose his own 'gear'.


So needless to say I have had way too much to eat this weekend.  Lucy also had a party back at Lollipops, thankfully this time without the puking.  We also went to the Handmade market, I got some GORGEOUS Japanese fabrics and had a very interesting cupcake.

Yes.  Its a cupcake.  A very sickly cupcake by the time you get to the bottom.  I couldn't finish it.  But it was delicious.

So it was busy busy weekend here in the capital.  See how the rest of the blog-sphere spent their weekend with Point and Shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I can't wait to eat too much on my own birthday next week. Did I just say that out loud? Why, I think I did.

    Thanks for playing along. That cupcake looks very, very tempting and interesting. x

    ReplyDelete