Monday, June 7, 2010

Just too sad

I have had 2 friends I went to high school with have their children pass away in the last 6 months.  It's just too devastating to even contemplate. 

One is blogging her experiences.  You can read it here.  It's almost therapy for her and she writes so elloquently and with such a passion that only a mother going through this can.  I have known her since year 4 and as much as we are not best friends any more, we remain in touch.

The other one is just recent.  I didnt know him too well, but I know he was completely dedicated to his children.  So much so that he brought them to the last 2 reunions (10 and 20 year).   He is facebooking his daily struggle and it is just heartbreaking.

It is my biggest fear that something happens to my girls.  I also live with the fear that something happens to me and they grow up without me. 

These two experiences have gutted me and I think of them daily.  Go hug your kids.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. This just breaks my heart. I can't go and read because it is so sad. I am sorry for what they must go thru. How very, very sad.

    ReplyDelete