Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy Busy!

It feels like this weekend has been a long one, and in a way, I guess it was because it started on Friday for me.

I went up to Sydney with my friend Alina to see the Hoodoo Gurus on Friday night.  On our way in, we stopped at Ikea. 

We both LOVE Ikea and we went a bit nuts.

Well I went a bit nuts.  Alina was considerably more conservative.  Now the only problem was fitting it in our little hire car.

But we did it. 

Alina had plenty of leg room on the way home.

It was a good weekend.  The girls and Daryl survived, Emily didn't fret too much (but did plenty of crying, no more than usual I would wager, but its the first time Daryl has had to deal with it all by himself)  She didn't drink much of the milk I expressed but was happily eating her solids.  I had the problem of not being able to express my milk while I was up there because I forgot the teeeeeeniest of bits for my pump rendering it useless.  Something that should be readily available wherever that very well known pump is sold. But do you think I could find this little piece ANYWHERE in Sydney.  No.  I could not.  So I was in a great deal of pain and discomfort by the time I got back home.  24+ hours of not feeding will do that.

Anyway, I had a good weekend despite this, and we have spent today putting together all of my ikea goodness.  yay!  if we lived in Sydney, I would be there every weekend!

What did you do this weekend?  Play point and shoot too!

5 comments:

  1. Love Ikea - Melbourne Ikea is chaos it takes a lot of courage to head there but soso worth it. Glad you got some fun "me" time though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday night was a really good time! It was pretty much dead! Parking was a breeze and hardly anyone in the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!!! Don't you love hire cars.

    Just found you through point + shoot at Fat Mum Slim. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha. Who doesn't love Ikea? Seriously, it rocks my tight-arse world. x

    ReplyDelete