Monday, May 10, 2010

Rocking and Rolling....

When will I realise I am too old for such things...

I went to Groovin' the Moo (where that name comes from I have NO idea, I think it has something to do with the first one being in a cow field)


That was how I spent mother's day after having a very nice breakfast with Daryl and the girls.  I got a gift certificate for thai massage (oooooooooooer, cant wait!) and Lucy made some bath salts at pre school as well.  She is just too cute.

I didn't stay for the final band (silverchair) I have seen them heaps before, and by that stage I was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEZING.  It was very amusing watching the silly little girls who thought they looked fabulous when they left the house in their cute little summery dresses freezing their arses off by the end of the night.  I had a jumper, but it was a bit too thin, I knew this before I left the house, but I only bought it the day before and like those silly little girls, it was cute and I wanted to wear it!  Plus I stupidly thought that I didn't want to carry a big heavy jumper around.  Silly me.  Highlights included Grinspoon, British India, and Vampire Weekend.  I really did NOT enjoy Empire of the Sun.  They definitely made me even more grumpier than just being cold.  Also by that stage those young-uns who had by then had more than a skinfull of grog where starting to get stroppy.  I was cold, getting angry at the noise that Empire of the Sun call music, and getting jostled in the crowd.  I went home half way through Vampire Weekend, thankful that the car has a good heater.  I came home, jumped in a super hot shower and went to bed.  I even wore my robe to bed I was still that cold. 

I'm paying for it today with sore feet and tiredness.  But I am very proud of myself, I still went to fitmums despite not really feeling like it.  yay for me!  Mind you, the amount of yumminess I ate on the weekend would mean I would need to do a week of fitmums!!!  I have also decided to go back on Tony Ferguson, if only to keep myself honest.

And just for those playing point and shoot with Chantelle, here's a bit of cuteness from the ratbags who call me mum.  Well, one does... the other just cries!

1 comment:

  1. there was such a huge range of people at GTM.... i saw many of the silly little girls you mentioned (some were probably my friends haha), there were all us uni folk, there were the 20 somethings, the 30 somethings, the 40 somethings, i even saw a few 50 somethings, parents with their kids, parents without their kids...
    ive never been to such a diverse music festival :)
    i left after 3 silverchair songs, my jumper was just toooo small :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete