Monday, May 3, 2010

Dress ups!

My eldest daughter, Lucy Jean, is a cad.  She is always trying to make people laugh.  Here is one of her many guises.  She loves dressing up in anything and everything she can find.

Note the butterfly face paint from a country fair we went to.  The tissuebox shoes add a little something special.  (yes she is holding a beer, she was getting it for me, acting like a robot.  As you do.)

She is a poser too.  Always asking to have her photo taken. 

I had the girls photos taken during the school holidays too at the local mall, where they dress them up in ridiculous outfits for a small fee and a "free" photo.  That "free" photo was your standard sized shot.  woo.  They then put the boot in and hit you up for the rest of the pics.  Who in their right mind can say no to pictures of their children looking cute.  And yes, they do look cute, but I am not 100% pleased with them...especially when the get up was a bit too "cheesy" for my liking.

I much prefer the type of shots taken by people like Rowe Timson, who does just GORGEOUS natural candid shots, but unfortunately our finances just dont stretch that far.  I rang a similar photographer here in Canberra, who I wont mention, but it was just far too expensive to even consider at the moment.

The girls still look cute though despite the crappy headgear (excuse the quality, this is one of the photos taken with my iphone)

I like the one below better, only slightly... I think I am looking at their faces rather than the surrounds!  Note Lucy's blue steel.  She did change expression once.  Very focussed!


Even these crappy photos cost a fortune... I think I picked the wrong profession!  (apart from the fact that I have ZERO skill in that regard)

My cousin Julie is a professional photographer, and I'm sure she would take some shots for me, but she is in Melbourne.  She did our wedding photos and they are lovely.

Here is a pic of our wedding cake taken by julie.  Best put one in of us I guess!!!

awww.  young love.  Just an aside, we were watching a show about weddings on the weekend, Lucy was hilarious when talking about when she will get married.  She said in a rather indignant tone "I just want to get married to daddy not a boy!"  bless.

Lots of pics for you to look at today if you are playing Point and Shoot with Chantelle.  Only the first one is strictly from the weekend though!

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much deb for your kind words about my work... im so flattered! good luck with the giveaway, rowe x

    ReplyDelete