Thursday, April 22, 2010

bling bling

Check out my new bling.


It says Lucy and Emily, with their birthstones.  I got it from The Vintage Pearl I'm not sure I like it.  I mean, I do, but is wearing your children's names around your neck really naff?  Lucy loves it, she loves playing with them, asking why hers is pink (Because I like pink mum)

Is it like those people who tattoo their kids names on themselves.  I find that really dodgy, but is this? 

Having said that, I do have tattoos that symbolise Lucy and Daryl, and have yet to add to it now that Emily is here, but its not like everyone knows its for them.

They are the Kanji symbols for husband and daughter (right to left and on its side!  being lazy! turn your head to the right!).  I am undecided about whether to get another daughter one underneath, or a totally different tattoo for Emily.  If I got a totally different one, would she feel left out of this one?  Perhaps I will do both... put her in the "family" tattoo and get another one.  They do say tattoos are addictive once you have them.  A good friend of mine has about 5, but they are so small and discreet that you don't even notice them.  I am not a fan of huge tattoos, especially those on females chests.  It just looks sooooooooo bogan.  Even this one, when I first got it, I was like "hmmm, perhaps could have been smaller" but its there now, and I don't hate it, its a part of me now.  I would never get a full sleeve or anything like that, I am just not "cool" enough, and plus, don't like them on me.  Other people, like Ruby Rose look awesome, but that's because they are so rock.  A friend of a friend has some sort of big cat right smack bang in the middle of her cleavage and its is FERAL looking.  My cousin (of sorts, long story) has roses above her boob and its looks FERAL.  Full colour, enormous and FERAL.  I used to love watching LA ink, and naturally many women with big tattoos.  Some I liked, some I thought ugh, you are stuck with that for the rest of your life.  People might think that of mine, but most comments have been positive.  Even my mum likes them.  I am toying with the idea of one on the inside of my wrist, but that is a bit more risque than on your legs or feet.  A lot harder to cover and much more in your face.  A good friend has some inspirational words on the inside of her arm, from elbow to wrist and again, do not like it. 

Its funny, if you had asked me 5 years ago if I would ever get a tattoo, it would have been a firm "hell no".  I don't know what changed, perhaps because tattoos are EVERYWHERE, I changed my mind.  I also have a smaller tattoo on my ankle that is from a powderfinger album (their 1st EP) which again, unless you know, you would think its just a nice little celtic type design.  Its not like I emblazoned POWDERFINGER on my arm or something... don't laugh, I've seen one.

Perhaps all my pretence of NOT being a FERAL is bullshit.  Perhaps I am just tuggies* trash?!


What do you think of tattoos?




*tuggies is the colloquialism for living in the Tuggeranong Valley in Canberra, not unlike a westie.

And go and play point and shoot with Chantelle who made her first TV appearance today and was AWESOME! 

3 comments:

  1. You asked about the tatoos...its an individual thing, you have 'em! you like 'em and that should be good enough for everyone......By the way, I just love that necklace, its great to have that.Go you!! Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're naff {with the necklace} then so am I! I love mine. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that necklace. Everyone in America is all over them : ) I don't think I know any blogger that doesn't have one : )

    I don't think I could ever get a tatoo as I am not good with pain at all... darn it!

    ReplyDelete