Sunday, April 18, 2010

owww my liver

Back in the day, I was a good drinker.

Now, not so much.  Daryl and I went with a couple of friends to the Canberra Beer Festival and had a very enjoyable afternoon in the beautiful weather drinking beers....toooooo many beers.  It was very deceptive.  You got given a small wine glass and 10 tickets (although somehow, I got 15 tickets in my glass... that could have been where it all fell down!) and you go and "taste" the various beers on offer.  a "taste" was about 3 or 4 mouthfuls.  So 15+ "tastes", and for a breastfeeding mum who hasn't drunk in a long time, I was definitely feeling it.  Remember back in the day of binge drinking contests, where they had people try and skull 100 shots of beer, well like that... but on a smaller scale.  I then added insult to injury when we went to the tradies to watch The Raiders get hammered by The Rooters (typo and its stays!) and I had several more beers.

 How about those Raiders?  meh!

I very nearly drove the porcelain bus this morning at about 3am... but managed to go back to sleep. 

Today has been a couch day for sure.

me being seedy on the couch!  Check those bags people!


Although it has been a salient message... in the words of Roger Murtaugh: I'm too old for this shit!

Check out what other people have done this weekend by playing Point and Shoot with Chantelle.


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I feel your pain and hope your hangover is gone today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better by now? Thanks for playing along despite the seediness. x

    ReplyDelete