Monday, April 12, 2010

Still Devo....

and no, that is not Devo as in Whip It.  Devo as in Devastated.  Powderfinger are still breaking up.  It wasn't a bad dream!  Plans are afoot with the posse to get as many tickets as we can.  Its gonna be a shitfight for sure.  I am thinking that I may need to use my very tentative link with the band if I miss out.  My dreams of them sponsoring my entire tour as reward for my years of service are just that... plus 7 weeks on the road, while that *sounds* exciting would possibly be a nightmare.  And as if I could ever leave the girls for that long.

This weekend was mainly spent indoors on the couch.  Having a sick husband meant not much venturing out.  Although we did go to a comedy show on Saturday (we already had the tickets)  We went and saw Tom Green, who is a Canadian comedian and was briefly married to Drew Barrymore.  He also happened to go to my school when I lived in Canada.  He is one of my "claims to fame", (apart from the powderfinger thing and going to uni with Brett Kirk, who is captain of the Swans)  He was 2 years ahead of me, and was just like he is now... out there and very outlandish.  So I took my yearbook with him in it and got him to sign it.  He was just lovely and really wanted to have a good look through it with me, but there were HEAPS of people waiting to meet him (he waits after the show to meet the fans) so we had a quick look through and talked about some of the people and teachers.

Here is me and Tom for all those playing point and shoot (love love love Chantelle's site!)


and here is his signature in the yearbook.



He says he remembers my face (i think he might have been just being nice!) But he was extremely lovely and while his humour may not be everyones cup of tea, it was a good night.

oh yeah, and note my super cool new haircut.  :))

1 comment:

  1. That is a completely super cool 'do. I love it. It must be easy to do in the morning too?

    ReplyDelete