Monday, March 29, 2010

Point and shoot... and being busy!

 As with most things, I have neglected this blogging business...  its been a busy few weeks!

As usual, the very awesome Fat Mum Slim has inspired me to post something.

On the weekend, it was Daryl's Birthday, so we had a nice lunch at my parents place (our place is just far too small for a family gathering) but as it turns out, it was a beautiful day and we could have had it outside at our place, but given the state of the garden, mums was still the better choice!



It was nice to sit around and eat yummy food and chill.  My mum made the cake from $120 food challenge website and it was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!  Plus given that we could have potentially have been spending Daryl's birthday in the hospital or worse, it was nice to spend it together.

He got a new pair of work pants (the old ones got trashed in the crash) and some cologne... he has never worn it, but I was struggling for something to give him this year, and thought this might be something different.  I got him Pleasures by Estee Lauder.  I like it, I don't know if Daryl is too sure yet! Also turns out the pants are too small... back we go for an exchange!

I also went to the Handmade Market on Sunday and got a gorgeous ring (cant remember the name of the stall, I'll have to look it up) and some fabric from Formosa, a Canberra designer who makes such lovely fabrics.  very exciting!  I'm thinking a new nappy bag... if I am feeling adventurous! 

So in all, a busy weekend.

OHHH!  and I also got my iphone on Friday.  HOW DID I EVER LIVE WITHOUT IT?~?~?~


I <3 my iphone!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. That cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake does look gorgeous The Handmade market also sounds great. Lots of nice bits and pieces to your weekend. Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! I want an iPhone! {And can't I have a piece of that cake too please?}

    Happy Birthday Daryl. xx

    ReplyDelete