Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ok, I think I have found a name for my blog...

Grungy Mummy....

why you may ask?

Well, my very favourite band, Powderfinger and I have a history.  One where I have spent a good part of the last 10 years following them religiously.  Some would call it stalking, some would call it crazy and in fact, many have. groupie is another word.  I call it dedicated.  Its almost like a hobby.

Anyhoo, a few years back, while powderfinger were on a little break, Bernard Fanning, their lead singer did a solo album and toured with it.  Of course, being the "dedicated" fan, I went along.  The powderfinger forum, where I am a regular, we had a running joke that us 'fans' were going to spice things up a bit and request a certain song from the powderfinger back catalogue, called Tail.  One that they never play anymore and basically refuse to play.  It was going to be done in each city, canberra being my responsibility.  You have to understand too that Bern has a very good sense of humour, and we knew that this would be pretty funny.  Well for us anyway.

The night came, and plucking up some courage during a lull in the evening (his solo shows are a lot less rowdy than a regular powderfinger show) I yelled out TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL.  It boomed across the Royal Theatre like it was amped.  Must be the teacher voice.

Now I am not exactly sure of his exact words, but the gist of the exchange was that he had heard about our plans, and it was not going to happen. but the mission accomplished.

Later on during the set, someone else called out something... dont know what.  but his reply was "you're almost as bad as that grunge hippy over there"

so from now on, on the powderfinger forum, its my name and a claim to fame.

I also told this story on The Einstein Factor when I was on it (a story for another day) and essentially this all lead to me meeting them and being on a first name basis.... well with Bern anyway.  The others know me, but I don't think they know my name.

So there is is... my two great loves... being a mum and a powderfinger fan.  and the name of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment